PBI-USA is currently seeking volunteers to fill the following positions:
NATIONAL COORDINATING COMMITTEE MEMBERS (PBI-USA's Board of Directors):
PBI-USA is currently recruiting new board members for our National Coordinating Committee. Prior experience in non-profit management, fundraising, international peace and human rights, protective accompaniment, or consensus-based decision-making is preferred but not required.
PBI-USA's National Coordinating Committee (NCC) serves as the governing body (Board of Directors) of PBI-USA. The core responsibilities of the NCC are:
- Determine the organization’s mission and purpose, and protect and advance it;
- Ensure adequate resources (human, financial, and property/equipment/facilities), and safeguard these resources to assure that the mission is carried out;
- Provide proper financial oversight;
- Select the Executive Director;
- Support the Executive Director and assess his or her performance;
- Ensure effective organizational planning;
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services;
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance;
- Enhance the organization’s public standing; serve as ambassadors to the world/ community on behalf of the organization;
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability, including abstaining from self-dealing transactions and avoiding conflict of interest.
HUMAN RIGHTS PROGRAM INTERN:
PBI-USA's Human Rights Intern Program Accepting Applications
PBI-USA is accepting internship applications year-round for our newly established Human Rights Internship Program. The Program is designed to give students of human rights in various disciplines an opportunity to learn more about Peace Brigades International and our model of protective accompaniment, gain valuable professional skills, and develop professional connections in the field of human rights.
Interns are expected to commit 10 hours per week to the position for a minimum of 8 weeks. Internships may begin at any time of the year depending on the availability of PBI-USA staff. To apply or learn more about these positions, please send a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and your background in human rights to PBI-USA's Director of Grassroots Fundraising & Communications at jorge(at)pbiusa.org.